Natural teeth and teeth with restorations survive best in an oral environment that is clean and where the intake of harmful foods is controlled. Basic, daily practices can keep your smile shining!
- Brush your teeth twice a day in a circular motion with a soft bristled toothbrush aimed at the gum.
- Floss every night in an up and down motion while keeping the closs in a U-shape and against the tooth surface. Pay careful attention to tracing the gum between your teeth with the floss.
- Avoid smoking.
- Avoid sticky, sugary foods.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Use antiseptic and flouride rinses as directed.
- Sealants placed on young and permanent teeth.